Knox Gordon’s Tenancy Deposit Return Service
As in every business there are good landlords and bad landlords, good letting agents and poor letting agents, responsible tenants and irresponsible tenants.
In the present market, where more and more people, especially in the younger age groups, cannot afford to buy their own home and the rental sector has exploded, many tenants don’t know their rights and don’t have any easy cheap service to help them get their tenancy rental deposit back.
We believe that the rent a tenant pays is the prime revenue obtained for letting a house out and, especially with current levels, does not need to be artificially boosted by unfairly withholding some or all of a rental deposit, monopolistic fees nor unscrupulous fees.
Landlords and Letting Agents operate in a legal environment where they HAVE to comply with a vast number of laws and regulations, so much so that we feel it is virtually impossible for the majority to have actually done so and rely upon the ignorance of the vast majority of tenants to levy unfair financial demands upon them.
For only £19.95 for a Single Person Tenancy & £29.95 for Multiple Person Tenancies
Via a simple to complete online Fact Find we will help you
- check whether your landlord or letting agent has administered your deposit correctly
– we believe that many deposits have not been, especially where the deposit has been paid by a third party
– whilst the penalty for the landlord of not having done so is up to 3 times the monthly rent,
- establish what, if any, grounds some or all of your letting deposit is being withheld and obtain any proof your landlord or letting agent has to substantiate the claim.
- create on your behalf an expertly prepared formal Demand for the return of your Rental Deposit and send it to your Landlord or Letting Agent by post.
MOST RESPONSIBLE LANDLORDS OR AGENTS WILL RETURN THE DEPOSIT AT THIS STAGE.
If they don’t on your behalf we will:
- create and post on your behalf a legally valid “Letter before Action” setting out the basis of why you will be taking them to County Court or Arbitration
- remind the landlord about their dozens of legal responsibilities and the failure for non-compliance – there are so many, some with penalties up to £20,000, why would a landlord take the risk?
- submit to the landlord an exhaustive 14 page “fact find” form for them to complete in the event of them wishing to defend your claim – again, this is such a scary document, most rational landlord’s will simply return your Rental Deposit
BY THIS STAGE WE ARE CONFIDENT THAT MOST RATIONAL LANDLORD’S WILL HAVE RETURNED YOUR LETTING DEPOSIT.
However, there are always some people who are utterly intransigent even in the face of overwhelming evidence.
Please rest assured that Knox Gordon will not abandon you!
We will help you submit your claim to Arbitration or to the County Court and can even recommend solicitors to represent you in the Court should you decide not to represent yourself.
ASSUMING THAT YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE ABOVE STEPS, IF YOU DON’T GET YOUR TENANCY DEPOSIT RETURNED TO YOUR SATISFACTION WE WILL REFUND YOU OUR FEES IN FULL
WHAT HAVE YOU GOT TO LOOSE – JUST A LITTLE BIT OF YOUR TIME!